Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Visual Research and Comic Idea

For a while now I've been wanting to do something that combines fantasy or nature with modern architecture. I'm really drawn to the idea of the juxtaposition of the smooth lines of modern looking buildings with something fantasy/medieval or even just set in a forest. I'm still not sure of a story but I think I want to use something like this for the setting of my comic. I don't know if I want to include technology in with a fantasy world or have it just be the architecture, I'm leaning towards not having much technology. When I was looking for inspiration for this sort of idea before I found this site that I really like: The Cool Hunter. The site contains a colection of cool stuff (thus the name) from bars, to kids stuff, to advertisements, from all over. Here's a list of some of my favorite things (that don't necessarily relate to my comic idea) from the site.

This Winery - I just love the cave room, particularly the colors of the walls and the light fixtures.

Artist Linn Olofsdotter
- I really like the collage feel and the complex details.

SOUND night club This one was just added to the site recently and I love the bright colors and the curved shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment